Thermoline Scientific Equipment Pty Ltd ABN 80 000 859 129 (“Thermoline”)
Thermoline warrants to the original purchaser that this product will perform to its product specification for a period of 12 months from date of purchase, provided that the installation of the product has been carried out in accordance with the latest version of the manufacturer's instructions and further provided that the use of the product complies with that specified in the relevant specification. Thermoline is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from incorrect usage, usage outside the suitability of the product as stipulated in the manufacturer's instruction, damage caused by accident, fire, flood, act of God or failure to properly install, operate or maintain the goods in accordance with the printed instructions provided.
The following statement applies only to product sales that fall within the definition of a Consumer Sale set out in the Australian Consumer Law contained within the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth) 2012:
‘Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.’
Notwithstanding the preceding clause and to the extent permissible by law, the liability of Thermoline is limited, in relation to the warranted product and at the option of Thermoline to:
- replacing the product or the supply of equivalent product;
- the repair of the product;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the product or of acquiring equivalent product; or
- the payment of the cost of having the product repaired.
To the extent permitted by law, all other warranties whether implied or otherwise, not set out in this Warranty are excluded and Thermoline is not liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise to compensate the Purchaser for:
- any increased costs or expenses;
- calibration/certification services;
- any loss of profit, revenue, business, contracts or anticipated savings;
- any loss or expense resulting from a claim by a third party; or
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage of any nature whatsoever caused by Thermoline’s failure in complying with its obligations or the purchaser’s failure due to accident damage, impact, misuse or negligence.
The benefits given to the purchaser in this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under a law in relation to the products or services to which this warranty applies.
This warranty applies only to products purchased and installed in Australia and does not cover any consumable items e.g. filters, light globes, ultrasonic nebulizers.The warranty does not extend to labour and freight costs where the warranted product is located outside Australia.
To make a warranty claim, contact Thermoline on 02 9604 3911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.